Wednesday 25 September 2013

Run for the Cure, for Chantel

Loni here. If you know me at all, you know I generally abhor fundraising efforts completely. I would rather just pay up front and not suffer through the hassle of shaking down friends and thereby getting shaken down by them in ten-fold return in the future. However, this isn't a cause that you can just "pay up front" for like some sort of league fees or play structure.

People have to get engaged with the breast cancer cause and realize it is growing at an aggressive rate.

CIBC and Run for the Cure have done a fantastic job of getting the run and the fundraising effort in our faces at every turn. It can be a bit much, I know. But through all the emails, facebook statuses, tweets and requests for donations, at the very least I hope a few people take the time to gain a better understanding of breast cancer. Its hitting closer and closer to home for everyone, daily, and we have to take some sort of action to figure out what's going on and how we can stop it. Kudos to CIBC for "owning the cause" and rallying people's support. Hopefully the funds go towards finding the root cause of this disease and stopping it in its tracks.

Ultimately, my participation is for my amazing wife Chantel who is closer and closer to being a breast cancer alumni. I look at this event as just another step away from breast cancer and towards a normal life for her again. Its been cute watching her get all excited about the amount of people joining her team and how well everyone is doing in gathering support. Normally I wouldn't have anything to do with an event with "Run" in the title, but for her...I'll do it.

I hope you choose to participate or support Chantel, myself, or any one of the many teammates on her Team Ratherbshopping. Here is the link, if you choose to donate: Team Ratherbshopping

Thanks for reading. Later.
LK

No comments:

Post a Comment