Tuesday 1 October 2013

"Breast cancer isn't all boob jobs and marijuana." - Jordana B.

I am two thirds complete with radiation therapy, and couldn't be happier!! Travelling everyday to the hospital is a little much sometimes. My skin is holding up fairly well but I am definitely feeling the fatigue. I cannot wait until this treatment is done. Luckily I listened to a friend who told me to keep my schedule clear into my fourth week so that I could rest during the last days of radiation...

Although most of my days are spent at rehab, radiation, and physio, any extra time has been spent preparing for Run for the Cure. I am so grateful for the support my teammates are giving me by joining my team. And I am amazed at the financial generosity of so many friends and family. I really do hope the money will one day lead to a cure so this terrible disease is gone forever very soon. 

Thank you to everyone who has supported in my honour. We will walk together in support of many many brave ladies!! (One of which provided this post's introductory quote. I giggle about it everyday since she shared it:)

1 comment:

  1. I've never been quoted before - pretty cool ;) All the best on Sunday!!!!

    ReplyDelete